Tuesday 3 November 2015

Giving thanks and getting real!


When I embarked on the journey to restart the work of ISCF in Grenada, I did not do it alone. God was with me every step of the way. He also laid it on the hearts of many of my family and friends to support me - either through their presence, their prayers, words of encouragement or finances. As a result, I felt it fitting to have a Thanksgiving Service upon my return to Trinidad, to give God glory for what He had done, and to show my appreciation for those who supported me during my time in Grenada.

Part of the gifted worship team
After spending the first half of the program worshiping God and giving Him thanks in song, Helen Lewis spoke on behalf of IS/IVCF Trinidad about the events which led to me serving in Grenada. It was fitting that she did this, since it was her fault I went in the first place ;)

For the rest of the evening, I shared highlights of the repioneering of the work of ISCF Grenada. There were many stories of God showing off in amazing ways, working where there seemed to be no way. There was also a video of testimonies from my Grenadian friends and supporters which were shared during my farewell functions in Grenada. Afterwards there was a time of food and fellowship and people trying to buy my Grenadian gifts :)

Display of gifts from my Grenadian friends
This past weekend I was commissioned to serve as a worker at Christian Assemblies Singles Camp 2015. Initially I had other plans for that weekend but I'm so grateful that my arm was twisted and I had the privilege of serving there.

The theme for this year's camp
The challenge at this camp was for participants to get real with their understanding of love, standards set for purity, and their relationship with God. It was a great opportunity for sharing openly and honestly, and asking questions without fear of judgment. 

One of the icebreakers - how high can this tower go before it collapses?
By the end of the weekend, campers were motivated to align their definition of love with the scriptural definition in 1 Corinthians 13; they were inspired by the example of a young couple who kept themselves pure until marriage by setting boundaries; they were engaged in a discussion outlining the pros and cons of singleness vs. marriage and they were challenged to be real about the quality of their relationship with God.

Praying for one another during devotions
We thank God for the opportunities He provided to serve in this area of the vineyard, and we pray that commitments made over this weekend will be followed through, and that these young adults will live real lives of purity in God's sight.






No comments:

Post a Comment