Tuesday 26 November 2013

First trip home

This was my first visit home since I left at the end of September. Needless to say, I don't think I've ever received so many hugs and heard so many screams over a 6-day period before :) It was great re-connecting with friends and spending time with family while reminding myself of all the things I love about home...

Enjoying my lunch of curry duck with mango and pumpkin lovingly prepared by my aunt

Out to dinner with my family

Spending time with my pumpkin

Sunday school young adults class

My first baby, all grown up now

The one thing I did not enjoy was the traffic. My entire schedule was built around me trying to avoid wasting time in bumper to bumper traffic on the roadway. I left a lot of things undone, visits not made because of the traffic situation. On Thursday I went into town, spent half an hour driving around looking for a place to park, got frustrated and left. I think I am spoilt from living in traffic-free Grenada...

Officially I came home for Alistair and Shena's wedding. God smiled on them as He ensured that the rain stopped in time for them to take pictures outdoors after the ceremony. It was a beautiful ceremony with nuff kicks as the minister had an interesting sense of humor, and the groomsmen had no behavior. That, combined with Alistair and Shena's unique personalities ensured that the wedding day was a tremendously enjoyable day. 

The newly weds - praying for a purpose-driven marriage for you two!

I also had the pleasure of reconnecting with some friends I haven't seen in two years.

As an added bonus, I was able to witness the dedication of my latest god-daughter, D'neve. It will be difficult figuring out how to be a part of her life when I can't spend so much time with her physically, but the love is certainly there.

She always responds when she hears my voice

I am overjoyed to report that I am now able to pay off for my car!!!!! Over the past two months, I have received financial gifts from persons, that I have been saving until I had enough to pay off the outstanding balance. I am extremely grateful to all who gave. I see all as expressions of love - those who committed to giving on a regular basis, those who gave a one-time gift, those who gave in spite of not having an abundance of personal finances, those who emptied their wallet when they saw me - may God richly bless you all as you have helped to supply this need. Now on to the next project - a laptop for the Ministry :)

I had mixed feelings on returning to Grenada. I was happy to in Trinidad and see my loved ones, but I now have persons here who I consider to be my Grenadian family, and I know that God has 'assignments' here for me to do. I just wish there was someway we could all be together in one place... wait, that is what heaven is for! And it is forever! My prayer is that all my friends and family would surrender their lives to Christ so we would never have to say goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent issue. May God continue to direct your paths...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you are being faithful to God and exactly where He wants you to be at this time, you will be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie, my prayers are always with you. Thank God for giving you a servant's heart.

    ReplyDelete