Thursday 23 February 2017

New Friends

Going into a new environment
With people I had never met before
From all over the world
To serve alongside them in ministry
My plan was not to make any friends

I felt like I had enough already
And I was struggling to stay in touch
With people I had met before
With whom I had built relationships
With whom I shared unforgettable experiences

So I went about my daily duties
Not making any efforts
To get to know these new people
But God had other plans

Who would have thought
That a casual conversation
Would turn into an invitation
Exploring Trinidad and Tobago
Experiencing natural beauty
Exchanging life stories
Exposing heart matters
Expressing future desires
Exhibiting genuine care

I realise now there is no limit
On the people God can use
To impact your life significantly
Or allow you to be a blessing to

Enjoying the view from San Fernando Hill

Visiting the world famous Pitch Lake
Some of the thank you gifts from my new friends
Sunday morning stroll on the port in Scarborough


Taking in the sunset on Fort King George

To my precious new friends
Until we meet again
If not here on earth
Then definitely in heaven
For all eternity

1 comment: